Recent General Posts
HOMEOWNERS SHOULD WORRY ABOUT RAT INFESTATION
If you’re like most people, you cringe at the thought of rat infestation. These rodents don’t generally have a reputation for being cute and cuddly, so thoughts of rats in the attic or crawl space cam be unsettling. But the rats aren’t the only reason you should be concerned about rats in your house.
Seeing a rat from a distance can be disturbing to some. For such small pests, rats can do a surprising amount of damage. They tend to chew and gnaw their way through a variety of different materials including wooden structures, cardboard boxes and even plastics. In some cases, you might actually see a rat’s body. Whether the rat is alive or dead. Rats can carry also pathogens that may transmit disease to humans, including hantavirus. These pathogens can be transmitted through the rat’s urine and droppings which become airborne as they break down and contaminated to dust.
As many business know, a rodent infestation can be very problematic. In addition to causing health hazards, rodents can adversely affect the structural integrity of your commercial property. The local team of experts at SERVPRO of Ventura is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose them properly in accordance with OSHA and Health regulations. Equipped with recommended safety and specialized cleaning products, we can change unhealthy environment. Call us at (805) – 656 - 3911.
PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR THE SEASON WITH OUR FALL MAINTENACE CHECKLIST
home during fall season
As the season begins to change, it’s time to prep your home for falling leaves, cooler weather and the cold, brisk air of an autumn nigh returns to our lives. With fall comes colder and less predictable weather. The kind of conditions that can cause structural damage to your home or if you’re not careful. But do not worry, you can enjoy everything you love about autumn worry free. Most of the tasks listed below are well within the average homeowner’s ability. But even if you’d rather hire professional to handle them, it can be well worth the expense. You’ll save money in the long run by preventing costly damage to your home.
- Clean your gutters
For starters, cleaning out your gutter is a great way to start your fall preparations. You don’t want any more fallen leaves and debris to clog up your gutters, which can cause external water damage to your roof or internal leaking.
- Seal up air leaks
A home with air leaks around windows and doors is like a coat left unbuttoned. Gaps in caulk and weather stripping let cold air into your warm home and sealing up a drafty house can save to 20 percent on heating bills.
- Install a programmable thermostat
Installing a programmable thermostat is both affordable and easy to do on your own. Control your home’s heating and cooling while you’re on the go with a programmable thermostat. Set the temperature in each room with just a tap on your smartphone.
- Inspect your furnace
A furnace filter collects dust and over time, it needs to be cleaned. Most can be vacuumed, but if it’s a disposable filter, you might need to replace it after one or two cleans.
- Inspect your roof
Few homeowner problems are more vexing than a leaky roof. Once the dripping starts, finding the source of the problem can be tome consuming. Stop problems this fall before winter winds turn them from annoyances into disasters.
- Ward off gas problems
Keeping a gas heater in good shape is both a safety and a cost issue. An improperly maintained heater can spew toxic gasses into the air of your home, or it could simply be costing you more to operate. Have a professional check these devices annually.
Make sure that your home is prepared for the fall season. Preventative maintenance now will save money on expensive emergency repairs and wasted energy costs. For professional cleaning services, please call us SERVPRO of Ventura at (805) 656-3911.
DETOX YOUR ENVIRONMENT
DETOX YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Your home or your environment might contain hundreds of toxins that are risk to health. But there are many ways to reduce the effect on you and your family’s health. Here are few tips to purify your home.
- REFRESH THE AIR
Indoor air is 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. Do not use synthetic air freshener; open the window to refresh the air in your home. Always clean the Air condition with non-toxic products. Try to put indoor plants inside your house, it help clean the air.
- REMOVE SHOES BEFORE ENTERING THE HOUSE
Dirt in your house comes from shoes, including harmful substances such as pesticides and lead. Store your shoes in an entryway cabinet.
Use a microfiber cloth in cleaning furniture and use a HEPA vacuum cleaner. Mop all floors.
- PREVENT MOLD GROWTH
Keep moisture levels to a minimum to stop the growth of mold and mildew. Check the areas where mold most commonly grows.
- PURIFY WATER FILTER
Filter tap water to eliminate toxins by using a carbon. Use a showerhead filter to remove potentially harmful chemicals.
- MONITOR CO LEVELS
Use a certified CO detector to check your home for carbon monoxide leaks in furnaces and other home appliances. It is important to remember that a person can be poisoned by both a small amount of carbon monoxide over a longer period and a large amount of carbon monoxide over a shorter amount of time.
- REDUCE PLASTIC USAGE
Plastics contain the toxic compound, a hormone disruptor. Choose products that are BPA-free especially when it comes to food containers. Do not use plastic containers in the microwave.
- CHOOSE PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS WISELY
Many toiletries, cosmetics and other personal care products are loaded with toxin. Choose alternatives made with natural ingredients.
Small changes in your home or environment can have a big impact on your long-term health.You know SERVPRO of Ventura as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, but our professional residential cleaning services can help you in mold remediation, deodorization, and other services to purify your home environment. Our experts are ready to assist in the cleanup to provide deep cleaning services for your home.
Here at SERVPRO of Ventura we are proud to serve. We stand ready to mobilize our team to help out during any kind of crisis. Call us at (805) 656-3911 for assistance.
Winter Time: Protecting Pipes Before
We all know that water expands when it freezes; unfortunately, your pipes don't. When water freezes and expands, it puts pressure on whatever contains it, and with enough pressure, your frozen pipes will burst, causing a very costly water damage in your home. Here are ways to protect pipes in freezing weather.
- Protect your pipes before the temperatures dip below freezing to save yourself from water damage. Especially important to remember if you're planning to leave your home for an extended period during the winter. An unattended home is a dangerous situation if you don't take the appropriate steps to winterize the house leaving.
- If you're leaving home for more than a few days, you should drain your pipes of water. Draining is done through your main water supply. This prevents any water in the tube from freezing and backing up into the tap and then your pipes.
- Wrap heating tapes around your pipes.
- Ensure adequate insulation in common problem areas of the home, including attics, basements, and crawlspaces that contain pipes. Adding insulation to your home also reduces your heating bill. You can also add insulation to your pipes. It isn’t enough to prevent pipes from freezing but it will slow the transfer rate of heat to cold. Wrap the pipes in foam rubber insulation, or you can even use a ¼ inch layer of newspaper in areas that are less exposed to the cold.
Give SERVPRO a call anytime that you need us at (805) 656-3911.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Ventura County Home
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Ventura is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation.
24 hour emergency services
SERVPRO of Ventura provides 24 hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster in Ventura, CA. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24 Hour emergency service
- Faster to any size disaster
-Highly trained restoration technicians
- A trusted leader in the restoration industry
- Locally owned and operated
- Advanced restoration and cleaning equipment
Have questions? Call us today 805-656-3911