If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 656-3911

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration


10/17/2022 (Permalink)

bathroom on fire bathroom on fire

House fires can be devastating, especially a total loss. When they start in a bathroom, the center area of the home the devastation can spread quickly to surrounding rooms. Bathroom exhaust fans are involved in residential structure fires. These exhaust fan fires caused over hundreds of dollars in smoke and property damage.

Exhaust fans are found most residence and many commercial properties to help prevent steamed up mirrors, damp walls and fogged windows along with removing odors. However, they can also present a potential fire hazard if not cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. Fans. Over time build up lint which can cause the motor to overheat and ignite the lint, plastic fan blades and the nearby combustible wood structure. Below are actions step you can take to prevent this:

  • Inspect and clean all bathroom exhaust fan as necessary and per manufacturer’s recommendation, be sure to place on a regular cleaning schedule.
  • Wash the fan cover, remove the fan cover to clean and remove lint from around the motors.
  • Remember bathroom fans should only be used for brief periods of time, such as only use for brief periods of time, such as during shower.

If you have experienced fire damage or want to know more about restoration services. Call SERVPRO of Ventura at (805) 656-3911. We are here to access the fire damage and see if there is anything we could possibly salvage.

Other News

View Recent Posts